22 Feb 6 Things I Learned This Week
I learned six very important things this week… Thanks to my dear readers.
1. There’s a dance called “The Stanky Leg.”
A dear reader named Michael has a blog that makes me laugh out loud. In the comments section on my post on the restructuring of VIBE, he mentioned that he was two assignments away from “doing the Stanky Leg dance in the streets for spare change.” I was howling with laughter. Please read his post on The Stanky Leg. And the Halle Berry. (The Halle Berry!! It’s a song and a dance. And it is very suspect.)
2. My dear readers in the writing business are worried. And rightfully so. I am too. But not too much. You know why? ‘Cause I’m planning to kick ass and take names this year. I’m not playing. I’m not letting these young whippersnappers run me out of the game. Oh no I’m not. Got something for all y’all. Don’t we old heads?! That’s right!! I gotta get my Nelson George on! Hmph.
3. Alisha Tillery is very brave. Go girl. I also learned that magazines use the expression 20s. Not twenties. Who knew? Not me!
4.There’s a Canadian team in the NBA! Used to be two of ’em! And that’s why Tamia was singing O Canada at the All Star Game!!
5. Tyler Perry is awesome. But the Madea films stink.
6. We have a very special community here.
Several posts became interactive communities and I feel like we all learned a lot. Whether you are a career writer whom we all look up to, (Denene Milner commented on my little old blog?!), or a reader who works in construction and just likes to tune in and give his two cents, (always appreciate your thoughts Timothy), or you are one of my always-down commenters who never lets a single post go by without weighing in, (Katura! Lucky! SLB, Tremaya where you been? La Negrita, Hanif…oh shoot. I’m gonna get myself in big trouble doing this. You know who you are!)
I appreciate everyone’s words of encouragement. Not just to me but to our fellow dear readers. I read the comments section and it straight up warms my heart and gives me a little lump in my throat. Sniff.
Dear readers, what was your favorite story this week? I’d love to hear from you…